Who doesn’t love apple pie? The most American dish you can make, apple pie reminds us of everything that is right with the world. And as leftovers, it can be its own meal, especially with a scoop of ice cream alongside it.
All you have to do is figure out the right method, so you don’t end up with a dried out, overly crispy, or even burnt pie that has lost all of its appeal.
Fortunately, we have many appliances to work with.
Table Of Contents - Click To Expand Or Hide -->
Can You Reheat Apple Pie?
Of course, the question naturally arises, can you even reheat apple pie? It has already been baked. Can you really reheat it and get the same quality?
Yes! You can reheat apple pie back to its original perfection.
The truth is you can reheat any food that has been refrigerated or frozen; it is simply a matter of which approach you take with which foods.
For example, foods that have been baked or grilled often reheat better when put back in the oven or back on the grill. Likewise, foods that have been breaded or fried tend to reheat better when placed in the oven or in an air fryer.
It’s all about knowing your food and what each appliance does.
With apple pie, we’re probably going to be best off returning it to the oven, but let’s explore our options and see how it comes out in the end.
Should You Reheat Apple Pie?
When considering food safety or foodborne illness issues for leftovers, you should always do your own research.
To that end, I am linking this BBC article on what you need to know about reheating takeaways. You can start here.
Having said that, I can’t see what in a leftover apple pie could get you sick as there is no dairy, meat, or anything else that could go bad and cause illness.
Still, it is always a good idea to do your own due diligence.
How to Reheat Apple Pie in the Oven
Reheating apple pie in the oven seems like the most natural way to thoroughly heat this delight while also maintaining its crispy crust, keeping it the perfect companion to vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the pie or slice of pie on the baking sheet.
- Heat the pie in the oven for 15 minutes. You’ll know the pie is done when the crust feels warm and toasty to the touch.
How to Reheat Apple Pie in the Microwave
The microwave is likely the quickest way to reheat apple pie, but you have to be careful not to overheat it and turn it into rubber or a rock.
Put your apple pie slice on a microwave-safe plate.
- Heat the pie in the microwave on full power in 30-second intervals, checking each time that the pie is heated through.
- You won’t get a crispy crust, but you can avoid making it rubbery if you only cook it long enough to heat it through.
How to Reheat Apple Pie in an Air Fryer
It may seem odd, but you can reheat apple pie in the air fryer. Reheating apple pie in an air fryer is one of those experiences you will never forget.
- Preheat your air fryer to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap your apple pie slice in aluminum foil to keep it from falling apart or spilling over.
- Place the pie slice in the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes.
- Check to see if it is heated through. Cook for an additional minute or two if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Reheat Apple Pie on a Grill
You can reheat apple pie on a grill if you’re already hanging out by the grill, using it, and thinking about how much you want that apple pie in the fridge.
- Make sure your grill is heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap your apple pie in aluminum foil and place the pie on the grill over indirect heat.
- Close the lid and allow the pie to heat for 10 minutes before checking its crust for toasty warmth. If necessary, you can cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
How to Reheat Apple Pie in a Toaster Oven
Sometimes, all you’ve got is the toaster oven, and fortunately, that wonderful appliance can do amazing things!
You can treat the toaster oven just like the oven.
- Preheat your toaster oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the apple pie slice on a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook for 10 minutes and check the crust. You can always return it to the toaster for a couple more minutes if necessary.
How to Reheat Apple Pie in a Pan on the Stove
Once you reheat apple pie in a pan on the stove, you may never try another method. There’s something downright magical about it.
First, you need a cast iron skillet then simply follow these directions:
- Place your cast iron skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Place a pat or two of butter in the skillet, and once it is melted, place the pie slice directly in the skillet.
- Cover the pan with a lid or foil to trap the heat in the pan.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, checking on it halfway through.
- Remove the lid and allow it to cook for another minute or two to allow the bottom to get extra crusty.
- Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
WINNER – The Best Way to Reheat Apple Pie Is Using the Stovetop
Okay, I was wrong. The oven is great, but you have to go with the cast iron skillet on the stovetop for the buttery griddle effect. You may love it even more than the first time!
What do you think? Do you have any good tips or tricks for reheating apple pie? Let me know in the comments.