One of everyone’s favorite foods is mashed potatoes. It goes with pretty much every holiday meal.
It serves as a delicious side dish alongside steak, fried chicken, meatloaf, and so many other meals. Then, when you have an abundance of leftovers, you can make mashed potato pancakes.
But how to reheat mashed potato pancakes?
Table Of Contents - Click To Expand Or Hide -->
Can You Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes?
Yes! Of course, you can reheat mashed potato pancakes!
In fact, you can reheat virtually any food that has been refrigerated or frozen. The trick is to use the right appliance with your specific food.
Foods that have been breaded or fried are often best reheated in an air fryer or in the oven. Foods that have been baked or grilled are often best reheated back in the oven or back on the grill.
The truth is with mashed potatoes you really can’t go wrong.
You don’t usually have to worry about overheating the pancakes. They won’t turn gummy or rock hard. You also don’t have to worry about underheating the pancakes and having them turn out mushy or cold because you can always add another minute or two to the clock.
Truly, you can’t really use the wrong appliance. Each one will reheat your mashed potato pancakes in its own way.
Still, a clear winner does come through upon investigating each appliance, and it has to be the air fryer. It will keep your potato pancakes crispy on the outside and get them nice and hot on the inside.
But let’s run through each appliance to see how each one comes out.
Should You Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes?
Of course, we have to be sure we practice safe food handling.
Do we have anything to worry about with toxins and contaminants in mashed potato pancakes?
After all, we don’t have any meat to think about. There’s a bit of dairy, but that shouldn’t cause us any problems.
Still, you should always do your own research before getting started with your reheating. Just to cover your bases.
To get you started on that research, check out this article on reheating leftovers by Healthline.
How to Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes in the Oven
Reheating mashed potato pancakes in the oven is not the worst idea. You can get them heated thoroughly and they won’t lose their outer crisp.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your potato pancakes on a greased baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the middle rack. Heat the potato pancakes for 5 minutes.
- Serve with eggs and bacon for breakfast and enjoy!
How to Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes in the Microwave
Reheating mashed potato pancakes in the microwave is quick and easy and can turn out delicious cakes!
- Place your potato pancakes, separated out, on a microwave-safe plate.
- Heat the potato pancakes in the microwave at full power for 15 seconds. Flip them over and heat for another 15 seconds.
- If your mashed potato pancakes are not fully heated through, you can heat them for another 5-10 seconds.
- Serve with some baked ham and greens and enjoy!
How to Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes in an Air Fryer
Reheating mashed potato pancakes in an air fryer is easily the best approach to these leftovers.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pancakes in the fryer basket so they are not touching.
- Heat the pancakes for 4 minutes and check to be sure they are heated through.
- Enjoy them with a delicious cup of coffee or tea!
How to Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes on a Grill
Reheating mashed potato pancakes on a grill can actually be a fun approach to this dish.
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pancakes directly on the grill over indirect heat and close the lid.
- Heat for 3-5 minutes and check to be sure the pancakes are heated through.
- Serve with some grilled steak or chicken and enjoy!
How to Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes in a Toaster Oven
While reheating mashed potato pancakes in a toaster oven is not my favorite approach, it can be done and it can be done effectively.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pancakes spaced out on a greased baking sheet.
- Heat the pancakes for 3-5 minutes and check to see if the cakes are heated through.
- Enjoy your potato pancakes with coffee or tea and enjoy!
How to Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes in a Pan on the Stove
One of the best ways to reheat mashed potato pancakes is in a pan on the stove.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil or butter to the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil or butter is heated, place your potato pancakes, spaced out, in the pan.
- Heat for about 2 minutes, flip the pancakes, and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Check to be sure they are heated through and enjoy with your favorite meats or sides.
Winner! – The Best Way to Reheat Mashed Potato Pancakes Is Using the Air Fryer
The air fryer is the best appliance for reheating mashed potato pancakes. Hands down. It will get your pancakes back into their most delicious state. You won’t even be able to tell they’re leftovers.
What do you think? Do you have any tips or tricks for reheating mashed potato pancakes? Let me know in the comments. I love to hear from my readers.