Hamburgers are an excellent meal, whether for dinner or lunch. Thanks to the delicious patties’ and buns’ tenderness, they are a go-to meal for many. Nevertheless, leftovers can lose their flavor and texture if not reheated properly.
Fortunately, you can use a few methods to reheat your hamburger and retain the flavors. From using a microwave or toaster oven to manually separating the contents and placing them on a grill or pan on your stove, there are plenty of ways to keep your leftover burger hot and tasty!
Table Of Contents - Click To Expand Or Hide -->
Can You Reheat Hamburger?
You can definitely reheat a hamburger, but you need to be careful how you do it since a hamburger has different pieces like the buns and patties.
As a general rule, deep-fried and breaded meals are often best reheated in an air fryer or oven, while grilled or baked foods are best reheated on a grill or in the oven.
When it comes to hamburger, several reheating methods will give you the taste you want in a timely manner.
Should You Reheat Hamburger?
Reheating hamburgers is a perfectly safe way to eat them, but you should not reheat hamburgers that have been left at room temperature for more than two hours as harmful bacteria can grow on them.
While our goal is to provide you with some options for reheating hamburgers, it’s probably a good idea to research on your own whether you want to reheat the food. If you want to research further whether reheating hamburgers is a good idea, please check out the USDA guidance on reheating leftover food.
How To Reheat Hamburger in the Oven
An oven is an easy and effective way to reheat your hamburger as it heats the contents without eliminating the flavors. Reheating hamburger in an oven helps you get a fresh burger like it’s right off the grill.
To reheat hamburger in the oven, follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the patty on the oven rack and position it over the baking pan. This helps to prevent the additional fat from leaking throughout the oven.
- Heat the patty for about 3 minutes.
- Place the buns on the rack and flip over the patty.
- Heat the buns for 2 minutes till they turn golden brown.
- Remove both the patty and buns from the oven and serve!
How to Reheat Hamburger in the Microwave
The next most popular method for reheating hamburgers is using a microwave. That said, this might not get impressive results unless you change your setting.
Here are the steps you need to follow for decent results:
- Go to the “reheat” setting on the unit; it will be handy when reheating your burger.
- Put the patties inside a microwave-safe container.
- Heat the patties for 2 minutes, flipping them after the first minute.
- Touch the patties with your palm to make sure they’re adequately hot; if not, heat it for 1 more minute.
- Remove the patties and heat the buns for 1 minute in the microwave.
How to Reheat Hamburger in an Air Fryer
Reheating hamburger in an air fryer is a swift and straightforward alternative to reheating it on a grill or stove. An air fryer is also more energy-efficient, saving you money on electric bills.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Place the hamburger in the air fryer basket.
- Turn the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat it for 3 to 5 minutes until it gets to your desired temperature.
- Take the burger out of the air fryer and leave it for 1 minute to cool down.
Tip: Do not preheat the air fryer to avoid burning the hamburger.
How to Reheat Hamburger on a Grill
Another way you can reheat your leftover hamburger is by using a grill. Follow these directions to reheat hamburger on a grill:
- Preheat the grill.
- Put the patties on the edges of the grills.
- Flip the patties after one minute, but don’t press them since the grease can dry the meat, resulting in burnt patties.
- Spread butter on the buns and position them with butter side up on the rack. Allow them to heat for 3 minutes.
- They’re ready to serve!
How to Reheat Hamburger in a Toaster Oven
If you don’t have a microwave or oven, then using a toaster oven is an excellent alternative.
Follow these steps for the best results:
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the patty on the rack, then position a baking sheet beneath it to hold leaking fat.
- Let the patty heat for 3 minutes.
- Flip over the patty and heat for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the patty, place the buns in the oven, and let them heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
How to Reheat Hamburger in a Pan on the Stove
Last, you can reheat your leftover hamburger in a pan. You’ll need a cast iron or non-stick skillet for this. Separate the buns and patties, as it will be hard to reheat the entire burger.
Here’s how to do it:
- Put the burger in your pan and switch on the stove to medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan to prevent the hamburger from drying out.
- Cover the patty using foil and heat for 5 minutes.
- Check it to ensure it is adequately hot; if it is, remove it from the pan and let it cool for 30 seconds. Place it on a kitchen or paper towel to drain any liquids accumulated when heating.
WINNER – The Best Way to Reheat Hamburger is Using an Oven
The best method for reheating your leftover hamburger is by using an oven. First, it is easy and doesn’t eliminate the flavor, so you’ll end up with a burger as good as a fresh one. Additionally, it is quick since it takes less than 10 minutes.
However, if you don’t have an oven, you can use any of the other methods above, and you’ll end up with an edible hamburger.
Do you have a preferred method for reheating hamburger? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments!