If you have yet to eat a reheated baked potato, you’re missing out! Not only are they delicious, but they’re packed with carbohydrates as well!
But how do you reheat them correctly so they taste like they were just cooked for
In our opinion, reheated food should be equally as tasty as the original, including baked potatoes. Whether you’re serving them with toppings or steak, baked potatoes can be an excellent single entrée or side meal.
If you have prepared too many baked potatoes or are preparing a meal ahead of time, you’ll need to know how to reheat baked potatoes the right way. If you want your baked potatoes to taste good, here’s everything you need to know.
Table Of Contents - Click To Expand Or Hide -->
Can You Reheat Baked Potato?
Yes. It’s possible to reheat a baked potato. However, you need to know how to do it correctly, so it doesn’t become too dry. Several valuable methods you can use to reheat baked potato include using a microwave, oven, toaster oven, or even your grill!
That said, some deliver better results than others, but at the end of this write-up, I’ll review the best way to reheat a baked potato and explain why it’s the best.
Generally, deep-fried and breaded meals usually taste better when reheated in an air fryer or oven, while baked and grilled foods might taste better when reheated on the grill or oven. With that in mind, let’s learn how to reheat this delicious and healthy side dish!
Should You Reheat Baked Potato?
Definitely! Typically, baked potatoes are best when reheated since they will be equally as good as the original, if not better. When you reheat baked potatoes in the oven or microwave, you’ll notice that the consistency and texture are still as good as freshly cooked potatoes.
Before we delve into the different ways you can use to reheat baked potato, here are a few handy tips for reheating a baked potato:
- Do not dry it when reheating; place the potato in the microwave or oven.
- When using your stove to reheat, ensure you cover the potatoes with a lid. This guarantees that the potatoes don’t dry out but remain smooth and fluffy.
- If you’re using a microwave, ensure you slice the potatoes in half and cover each part using a wet paper towel to ensure they don’t dry out.
How to Reheat Baked Potato in the Oven
Reheating baked potatoes in an oven is a straightforward process. Here’s how to do it:
- Remove the potato from the fridge and let it sit on a plate to reach room temperature.
- As it sits on the plate, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the potato with a baking sheet or place it directly on the rack. Make sure you remove any foil or wrapping it had when you took it from the fridge. This will help you achieve crispy skin.
- Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes or until it’s piping hot. You now have a baked potato that’s just as good as a freshly baked one.
How to Reheat Baked Potato in the Microwave
To make your potato even tastier mix some olive oil and mixed spices before cooking. However, the mixed spices are optional.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for reheating a baked potato in the microwave:
- First, remove your potato from the fridge and let it sit on a plate to achieve room temperature.
- Coat the potato with the mixed spices, and put it in the microwave.
- Let it heat for approximately 5 minutes, and it’s ready to serve!
How to Reheat Baked Potato in an Air Fryer
If you don’t have a microwave or an oven, reheating baked potato in an air fryer is a good option for recreating the original taste of your baked potato. For those who don’t know what an air fryer is, it’s an appliance that “fries” meals by disbursing hot air.
If you have one at home and want to reheat food, then you’re in luck! You can soon have crispy, tasty, reheated potatoes. Here’s how to go about it:
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the potato in the air fryer and let it sit there for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take it out and serve!
One downside to using an air fryer is you cannot reheat many baked potatoes at a time; you’ll need to do it in batches.
How to Reheat Baked Potato on a Grill
Next, let’s look at how you can reheat a baked potato on a grill. This one is easy:
- Take the potatoes from the fridge and let them sit on a plate to reach room temperature.
- Preheat the grill for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cover them using foil and put them on the grill.
- Heat them for 10 to 15 minutes and flip them after the first 5 to 7 minutes.
How to Reheat Baked Potato in a Toaster Oven
A toaster oven is a smaller version of a typical oven, the second-best way to reheat your baked potatoes. The process is similar to using an oven, and the results are almost as good:
- First, remove your baked potato from the fridge, let it sit on a plate, and reach room temperature.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the potato onto the oven rack and heat it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
If you want to add toppings, I recommend butter, sour cream, or a few pieces of bacon.
How to Reheat baked Potato in a Pan on the Stove
Last, you can use a pan on your stove to reheat leftover baked potatoes.
Whether for a weekend brunch, or morning breakfast, you can take out your pan and reheat them on your stove.
Here are the steps for reheating a baked potato in a pan on the stove:
- Take out your pan and heat the stove.
- Add a bit of olive or cooking oil to a skillet over low heat
- Cut your potato in half and place the cut sides against the pan.
- Cover them with a lid and leave them for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the lid and flip them so they get heated on all sides. This also makes the entire skin crispy.
- Remove the pan from the stove and serve!
WINNER – The Best Way To Reheat Baked Potatoes Is Using an Oven
As you can see, you can reheat baked potatoes in many ways. However, which one is the best?
Reheating baked potatoes using an oven is the best method. This technique prevents them from drying out. On the other hand, you’ll need some extra time to use this technique since it is more time-consuming than using a microwave.
So, can you reheat baked potato? Yes. And the best method to reheat baked potato is by using an oven.
Do you have a favorite method for reheating baked potatoes? Share your favorite baked potato reheating methods in the comments section.