Everyone loves a little Taco Bell every once in a while. Whether it’s the Nachos Belgrande or the crunchy tacos or even just the bean burrito, Taco Bell has amazing food in the right moment, and sometimes you get so excited for it that you order too much.
Now you have Taco Bell leftovers and no idea what to do with them. Don’t worry. We can help.
Let’s discuss how to reheat Taco Bell leftovers that are crunchy and soft, depending on the appliance.
Table Of Contents - Click To Expand Or Hide -->
Can You Reheat Taco Bell?
Okay, reheating Taco Bell is going to be a difficult task. I’m not going to lie. You typically have crispy tortilla shells or chips, hot ingredients like meat and cheese, and cold ingredients like lettuce and tomatoes.
It will be difficult.
In general, you should remove any cold ingredients before attempting to reheat the dish then focus on reheating the warm ingredients.
The truth is you can reheat any food that has been frozen or refrigerated. The trick is to use the right approach with the right appliance.
For example, food that has been fried or breaded is often best reheated in the oven or in an air fryer. At the same time, food that has been grilled or baked is often best reheated back on the grill or back in the oven.
For Taco Bell, we’re probably going to be best reheating the food in an air fryer. Quick, easy, efficient. But let’s work our way through the seven major appliances and see what we come up with.
Should You Reheat Taco Bell?
But first, you want to know if we should even attempt to reheat Taco Bell.
We’re dealing with meat, cheese, sour cream, and who knows what else that might carry foodborne toxins when eaten fresh, much less what these ingredients might carry as leftovers.
So, it pays to know that the general guidelines advise us to reheat all leftovers to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
But of course, you should always do your own research. To get you started on that research, check out this article on reheating leftovers by Healthline
How to Reheat Taco Bell in the Oven
Reheating Taco Bell in the oven can be a great way to get the job done.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Remove the cold ingredients and set them aside.
- Heat the warm ingredients for 10-15 minutes and check that the food is warm through.
- Replace the cold ingredients, serve, and enjoy!
How to Reheat Taco Bell in the Microwave
The only dish from Taco Bell that I would advise reheating in the microwave is the burrito, a food that is already soft and has all warm foods inside.
- Wrap your burrito in a damp paper towel and place it on a microwave-safe plate.
- Heat the burrito on high for 30 seconds.
- Turn the burrito over and heat for another 30 seconds on high.
- Unwrap and enjoy!
How to Reheat Taco Bell in an Air Fryer
Seriously, reheating Taco Bell in an air fryer works for every menu item!
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees.
- Place your items in the air fryer, spaced out, so they get plenty of air circulating in between them.
- Heat the food for about 3-5 minutes or until heated all the way.
How to Reheat Taco Bell on a Grill
Like with the microwave, the only Taco Bell item worth reheating on the grill is the burrito.
- Heat the grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the burrito in aluminum foil, so you can lock in the moisture.
- Place the burrito directly on the grill over indirect heat.
- Heat for about 10-15 minutes, remove the burrito from the grill, and check to be sure it is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Reheat Taco Bell in a Toaster Oven
The toaster oven can really do it all, and reheating Taco Bell is no exception.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and place your Taco Bell items on the sheet.
- Heat your Taco Bell for about 5-10 minutes and check to see that it is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Reheat Taco Bell in a Pan on the Stove
Okay, the stove might be the one way that is truly difficult to reheat Taco Bell.
The only thing you might do, is try a cast iron skillet.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Place a layer of olive oil in the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the cold ingredients and place the hot ingredients, fully intact, in the hot oil in the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Check your Taco Bell to see if it is warmed through.
- You can always return it to the pan for a couple more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Winner! – The Best Way to Reheat Taco Bell Is Using the Air Fryer
Honestly, the reason the air fryer wins hands down for reheating Taco Bell is that the air fryer will reheat every item quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly without destroying any of the parts.
You can keep your crunchy parts crunchy while warming your meat, beans, and cheese.
So yes, the air fryer it is!
What do you think? Do you have any tips or tricks for reheating Taco Bell? Let me know in the comments. I love to hear from my readers.